Here’s a fun little project I uncovered recently. I made this thermos art some time back and I don’t think I ever shared the process.
First, I got some adhesive paper that works in an inkjet printer. The brand was papilio.
Then, I printed some big blocks of the right color. About 1/5th of the page for each color I would need. The sheets were then fed through my vinyl cutter to make perfect 1/4 inch “pixels”. If you wanted to do this on your own, you could print grid lines and just cut with scissors.
I found some sprites of Megaman online and got to work!
As you can see in this picture, part of the foot rubbed off. To prevent this from happening I put a layer of packing tape over it. Unfortunately when the adhesive paper is in such tiny sizes the glue just doesn’t hold it very well.